I asked Abby if I could take a picture of her but she declined. I guess she doesn't want me to post pictures of her in her current state. Teenagers.
Actually I wouldn't have posted it anyway, she looks miserable, because she is. And at the same time I do think she is getting better, slowly better.
Fever is still up there but it is staying below 101.5 (we got to 101.4 at the clinic yesterday). Our big goal is to keep her hydrated and keep her taking her meds. If we can do that then we can stay home, if not, we'll need to admit her. We also have the option to go down to the hospital this weekend to get fluids and we may end up doing that tomorrow since she hasn't kept much down today.
Monday they will do more fluids and we'll have an appointment with a GI doc and then an endoscopy in the afternoon. It's probably going to be a long day but maybe we'll have some answers from the scope. It could just be the major fungal infection in her mouth and throat (actually her whole GI probably) or it could be a return of GVHD (graft vs. host disease) that was triggered by this sickness. It could be that a virus in her body re-activated (like the mono virus, or some other one that she had as a kid). Right now the jury is still out. We'll just have to wait and see.
Right now she is sleeping and we are praying that all of this rest will give her body a chance to catch up and kick out this virus as well as rebalance the fungus in her body.
Thanks again for all of your support and prayers. -Mark